| || || |
|Quake 4 Retail Patch v1.0.4 (Windows) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Quake 4 Retail Patch v1.0.4 (Windows) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Quake 4 Retail Patch v1.0.4 (Windows) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
QUAKE 4(tm) 220.127.116.11 Update README
Last updated 11-09-2005
Please note that in-game console commands are not supported by Activision(r).
This update for QUAKE 4 addresses issues found in both multiplayer and single player since the release of the game. A complete list of changes and additions is included below. For future updates and more information about the game, please visit the official game website at http://www.quake4game.com
If you require additional QUAKE 4 technical support, please see the help system that is included with the game, or visit the official game website at http://www.quake4game.com
NOTES FOR MOD USERS:
It is recommended that any user modifications that have been installed to the QUAKE 4 directory be removed before installing this update. These modifications are not supported by Activision and may not be compatible with some of the new features that are included in the patch.
FIXES & UPDATES IN 18.104.22.168:
- Copied map files can now be overwritten/deleted without quitting first.
- The console command "com_allowconsole" will stay set after leaving the game.
- Improved Game Browser sorting and filtering: You can sort by up to three criteria, which will be displayed just under the server list, with the more recently clicked criteria sorting first. For example, to sort by ping time, then number of players, then gametype, click them in the reverse order:
Click "GAMETYPE," then "PLAYERS," then "PING." The server list will be sorted by the fastest ping, then the servers with the fewest players, then the gametype.
Clicking a category more than once will keep its position as
the primary sorting criteria, but will change the sorting order.
After cycling through all available sort types, clicking the category a final time will remove it from the sorting. Each criteria has specific behavior with one or two clicks, as listed:
Favorite Server: Display only favorites, or only non-favorites.
Password Enabled: Display only locked server, or only unlocked servers.
Dedicated Server: Display only Dedicated servers, or only Listen servers.
Punkbuster Enabled: Display only PB-enabled servers, or only PB-
Server Name: Sort server names A to Z, or Z to A.
Ping: Sort by ping Low to High, or High to Low.
Players: Sort by Players High to Low, High to Low (non-full), Low to High, or Low to High (non-empty).
Gametype: Sort by Deathmatch, Team DM, Tournament, CTF, or Arena CTF.
Map: Sort by map CTF1 to DM9, or DM9 to CTF1.
- The Game Browser now displays more than 1000 servers.
- Fixed a problem with the refresh time on the Game Browser.
- Added a Game Browser filter for full or empty servers.
- Players can now connect to a server while the Game Browser is refreshing.
- Game Browser sorting will display the correct server information without the need to refresh the list.
- Clicking anywhere on the scrollbar except the button itself will advance a page up or down instead of shifting to that position.
- Non-full server sorting now disregards full servers.
- Game Browser hover window updates when sort order is changed.
- Fixed a Game Browser slowdown issue with high numbers of servers.
- Added Game Browser server list scrolling with the mousewheel, keyboard arrows up/down, and keyboard Page Up/Page Down.
- The Game Browser hover window will only appear when mousing over a highlighted server.
- Sorting by server name will now ignore colored names, brackets, etc.
- The dedicated server window will now be titled with the si_name setting instead of "Quake 4".
|Quake 4 Retail Patch v1.0.4 (Windows) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Quake 4 Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 7 | Last comment: 03-15-2009 at 12:16
Joined: December 4th, 2002
|woot it's finally here |
From: (Melbourne Florida)
Joined: June 14th, 2005
|hoorayy for patch! |
Joined: February 2nd, 2005
|I'm disappointed. Multiplayer was a bit... it was very laggy, so I don't really see how adding to the interface will help the game, but hey... First patch! |
Joined: July 13th, 2004
|so this does nothing for the single player game? cuz css is still the only mp game i play. |
Joined: December 14th, 2003
|just a patch for server stuff. |
Joined: August 31st, 2005
|I was noticing the serverlist slowdown lag to, i hope this helps |
From: (Salt (Girona))
Joined: September 28th, 2006
|The Q4 v1.04beta patch that is the most compatible with all kind of mods and without the annoying CPU bugs that all the higher updates still has. |
You can use Q4 with this patch and the latest Unpredictable mod and you will have access to the Napalmgun weapon without the need to upgrade to higher patch versions.
Please, note, that i recommend this patch and mod for Single Player users ONLY, NOT for Multi Player users that will be able to play best with the latest v1.4.2 or higher patch, ok, understand it !
Also note, that you haven't had any problems playing with any of the latest patches available for Q4, you don't need the older v1.04beta patch and of course you will be able to play all my mods without any problems, ok.
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!