|Windows 1.4.2 Point Release Full - File Description
| Description: |
This will patch your game all the way up to version 1.4.2 no matter what version you are currently running under.
The changes are as follows and include all the beta patches up to this point:
* player lean, player models lean in the direction of movement
use g_playerLean to scale or disable the effect (client side)
* fix wallhugging on ramps
fix also makes ramps slightly faster
* horizontal speed fully maintained when crouch sliding and hitting a ramp
previous version had a little dip
1.4.1 had a bug that caused a sharp speed drop (this is also fixed)
* RG ammo box 10->7
* si_fps limited to 90fps for q4mp/, now declared in gamecode so mods can change their max
* predict weapon changes for the local client. more responsive on high ping
(can be turned off with net_clientPredictWeaponSwitch 0)
* revert the projectile code to 1.4.0, not trying to predict projectiles anymore
the prediction code of 1.4.1 can be enabled with g_predictProjectiles 1 (client side)
(was causing too many bad artifacts)
* reworked the hit sounds / hit feedback propagation. fixed skipping problems
* change network demo extension to include the protocol number
for Quake 4 1.4.2, the extension is .ndmo85
* fix network demos not setting the si_fps value properly
* fix client prediction being irregular when connected to a TV repeater
* added r_skipSky for a cheap black sky
* fix a crash in single player (sound related)
* fix several SMP-related crashes
* fix a crash in autodownload server
* hud_showSpeed cvar (shows current horizontal speed)
* hud_showInput cvar (shows the input state to learn how to make particular moves)
* hud_InputPosition, alters where the showInput feedback is displayed
* hud_InputColor, alters the highlight color of the showInput feedback
* s_useOcclusion no longer cheat protected (can be changed by network clients now)
* no gauntlet spinup time, damage is immediate now
* bse_rateLimit defaults to 3, showing all shotgun pellet impacts
* added g_nailTrail, g_grenadeTrail, g_rocketTrail, g_railTrail, g_napalmTrail to disable weapon trails
* updated reference netdemo included for performance tests: id_perftest.ndmo85
The 1.4.2 update affects pure server and protocol consistency. Therefore, players who update to 1.4.2 from ANY previous version will only be able to connect and play against other 1.4.2 users. Save games and demos created on any previous version of the game will not be compatible with the 1.4.2 update.
|Windows 1.4.2 Point Release Full - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
|Windows 1.4.2 Point Release Full - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Quake 4 Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 6 | Last comment: 07-29-2011 at 21:58
Joined: July 17th, 2006
|Man, This is Awesome, alots of custom maps comes with this patch and new quake 4 maps too, two new player models, pro marine and pro strogg, and one new mod, deadzone, and a one new weapon napalm launcher flame comes out of it, get it! 10/10 |
Joined: July 17th, 2006
|Someone should make a bot for this patch 1.4.2 version but make it work with all the game types, and make some custom player models for this too, cuz it's grrreat! |
Joined: July 3rd, 2006
|There is a BOT version for the 1.4.2 release but it’s in the mod q4max. |
Just download the q4max 78d mod:
--> http://quake4.filefront.com/file/Q4Max_Full;80458 <--
1. Load the mod (double click on quake4/q4max/startq4max.bat).
2. In order to use the BOT you need an aas file of your favorite map, type in the console “runaas mp/(your favorite map)”, wait so that he game creates the aas file.
3. Exit the game and then reenter, load your favorite map and type in the console “addbot (type any name you like)”
4. After you done all of this you can play with a BOT or with more BOTS.
1. To drop the console press Ctrl + Alt + ~.
2. If you created the aas file you wont need to create it again if you want to play against the BOT on the same map.
3. The q4max BOTS are still in development and they will be a lot better, maybe we will see a BOT menu in q4max mode so that it will be easier (skill settings, etc… )
4. The BOTS are a little bit hard for new players so its better to connect to a server with low ping and play against human players. (you can ask them about strafe jumping and crunch sliding)
From: (Salt (Girona))
Joined: September 28th, 2006
|The Q4 v1.04beta patch that is the most compatible with all kind of mods and without the annoying CPU bugs that all the higher updates still has, this old but 100% compatible patch is available here...: |
You can use Q4 with this patch and the latest Unpredictable mod and you will have access to the Napalmgun weapon without the need to upgrade to higher patch versions.
Please, note, that i recommend this patch and mod for Single Player users ONLY, NOT for Multi Player users that will be able to play best with the latest v1.4.2 or higher patch, ok, understand it !
Also note, that you haven't had any problems playing with any of the latest patches available for Q4, you don't need the older v1.04beta patch and of course you will be able to play all my mods without any problems, ok.
Joined: February 26th, 2008
|Quake 4 still has alot of problems... Firstly, Bad netcode, causing unreliable speeds even in close proximity to the location of a server. Secondly, bugs and glitches galore that the patches haven't had the time to cover. Thirdly, lacking full custom multiplayer model support and lacking alot of game modes that Quake 3: Arena had... along with a plethora of other minor problems that add up. However on January 1st, 2010 a ambitious modder by the name of p0rt released Q43A. He went over everything in Quake 4 that is possible to, and managed to fix all the problems that held it back. Since then he has gotten little attention yet it drastically improves Quake 4, like a unofficial patch to the game. |
I like many loved the days of Quake 3: Arena, and with Quake Live bringing Quake 3: Arena back as a free game to play on the web browser I can't help but feel my mind wander back to Quake 4. All quake multiplayer gamers know about Quake 4 yet it is left out in the dust.
Back in 2001, at QuakeCon no less, we were all excited to hear the first words about Quake 4. Not only for the fact that there would indeed be a fourth Quake a surprise, but it being developed outside of Id Software was another jaw dropper for the gamers around the world. The game would be developed by Raven Software, a long-time user of Quake engines for their long list of hot titles. The already solid relationship between id and Raven would be harvested for this game and under the guidance of id, Raven would be making what we all hope is the most unforgettable FPS gaming experience ever.
Sure it may have been made on Doom 3's engine and thus bare resemblance to its ever so similar brother in arms, Doom 3, but it still distinguished itself with its fast paced gameplay, and unique rocket jumping/grenade jumping/strafe jumping techniques ect... but its multiplayer, the heart of the game, let it down and was dropped in favor for its predecessor. To make matters worse Unreal Tournament features a similar fast paced gameplay and its third installment captures the attention of alot of the new gaming crowd (especially due to its huge amount of free multiplayer content being released by its developers).
Q43A mod is a must if Quake 4 is to survive.
In the past Quake 3: Arena was preferred over unreal tournament due to having a faster paced gameplay, more defined visual style and refined gameplay.. Thus getting more addons/mods then unreal tournament has to this day. I don't want Unreal Tournament 3 to be the new Quake... Quake is and always was better. So what is standing in its way?
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!